Turn Attics from Bane to Boon with Solar Attic Fan
Is your attic too hot to bear and is a waste? Well! We have come up with a solution for you. For all those living in high-light areas, it gets blazing hot in the attic areas, as a result, everybody avoids going into that area. However, with a solar attic fan natural light, the bane turns into a boon. All you need is to install a solar attic fan to make that space of your home productive. With just one installation of the fan, your attic will become your favorite workplace where you can do all your work without much interference from your family, free from the hustle-bustle of daily chores of your home.
How Do Solar Attic Fans Prove Beneficial?
The best solar attic fan is becoming increasingly popular these days because it solves all your major cooling and heating issues without charging you much economically. With just one time investment in the solar attic fan, you can reap all the economic benefits of using solar power for free. It does not only make the attic a productive part of your house but all also reduces air conditioning costs by as much as 30%. This is because when your attic gets very hot, it gets more difficult to cool the house interior. Eventually, it will put a strain on your cooling unit leading to more electricity bills.
Cooling down your attic with a solar attic fan can help with this problem. Solar attic fan does the entire job of cooling for free. It reduces the attic temperature by using solar energy and works independently to ventilate and cool the attic of your home. Reduction of attic temperature automatically cools the rest of the home by pulling out the hot air.
Other key benefits of using the solar attic fan are:
- Solar attic fans are 100% powered by the sun. Thus without worrying about extra electricity bills, you can enjoy the same advantages that a normal air conditioner would give you.
- Hot attic increases the likelihood of mold growth. Solar attic fan reduces moisture and condensation build-up in attic areas that eventually reduces mold and mild- dews and prevents your home from any damages.
- Unlike traditional fans, the best solar attic fan 2021 does not require wires and is hence easy to install and use. They work independently to ventilate and cool the attic in an environment-friendly way.
- The brighter and more intense the sunlight, the harder they work to keep your attic cold. Hence, it automatically works more or less to maintain the optimal attic temperature depending upon the requirement.
- Solar attic fans make your home more comfortable by reducing hot air from getting trapped and cutting down on the stuffiness like an open window does. It turns your home atmosphere into malodorous air.
- Solar attic fans 2021 are quite running, unlike those noisy traditional fans. As a result, it makes the attic a more useful part of your house apart from a space to toss old boxes.
Wondering How Solar Attic Fans Work?
Are you curious enough to read how a solar attic fan works to make our life easier at a cheap cost? Here is a read for you:
Solar attic fan consists of the following parts that are interconnected to each other to cool your attic area. These parts are as follows:
It is the most important part of the fan that leads to utilizing solar energy for free. It is these photovoltaic panels (solar panels) that draw in energy from sunlight. Soalr panel is the only source of energy that makes solar attic fans work. By using solar energy, solar attic fans vent out dry air of your attic area into the environment and circulate fresh air into the attic. It is important to place the solar panel at the top of the roof of your house and should be oriented to the south direction as much as possible to receive the maximum sunlight and get the most of its benefits.
Most of the solar attics are regulated by thermostats. As a result, when the attic reaches a certain temperature, the solar attic fan will automatically turn on to lower the temperature. On the fall of temperature, the thermostat again regulates the fan to maintain the temperature of your attic.
Although it is the solar panel that powers the solar attic fan it is the motor that makes the fan work. It is this part that converts the solar energy into mechanical energy which in turn moves the fan, ultimately leading to a desirable form of wind energy. Thus we can say that the business end of a solar attic fan is the actual fan, motor, and housing.
How Many Solar Attic Fans Do You Need for Proper Ventilation?
The number of attic fans you need depends upon the size of your house. A bigger house means a bigger roof and bigger attic areas. Square footage versus wattage is the best procedure to find out the optimal number of the best solar attic fans you need. Here are the five simple steps to get the idea of the method:
- Measure the height, length, width of the attic area. Now cross multiple all the three numbers to get the dimension of the attic area.
- Multiply the number that we got in step with 0.7 to get your minimum cubic feet per minute-let that be x.
- Now find 15 % of the number that we got in step 2 if you have a dark roof or 20% of a number if you have a steep roof- let that number be y.
- Add x and y.
- Generally, 1 solar attic fan is good for an attic up to 2,200 square feet, thus divide the answer of step 4 with 2200 and you will find the number of attic fans you need to get into your attic area.
Best Solar Attic Fans For 2021:
After doing a lot of research and reading hundreds of reviews on different solar attic fans, I have come up with a list of 3 amazing fans that work on solar power and serve all the functions of the fan in the most optimal way. Here is a look at the list of solar-powered attic fans in the market to be considered.
1. Solar Attic Fan Natural Light (Our Top Pick)
Solar attic fan natural light is at the top of the list. They are the best manufacturer in the business world of solar attic fans. They receive 5 out of 5 stars reviews from the customers. It has got high ratings for not only being reasonably priced but also their products are made up of the best material. The solar fan is made up of high-quality aluminum, stainless steel, and glass. It is immune to hurricane-prone areas with a long warranty period.
Solar-powered Natural light is known for producing high-quality equipment that is wire-free and easy to install. The kit comes up with everything that you need for the installation of the fan. Thus it becomes easier even for the layman to do the job of installation of the fan.
Here is a quick sneak peek at the features of solar attic fan natural light:
- Size: 27.2 x 27.2 x 11.5 inches
- Wattage: 36-watts
- Placement: Roof w/ 45-degree pitch
- Thermostat: No
- Coverage: 2625 square feet
- Warranty: 25-years
With this size, the solar attic fan natural light is big enough to do its job properly while being small enough to occupy less space in your attic. The solar panel of the solar attic fan’s natural light can be adjusted to 45 degrees. This degree of inclination makes it a versatile piece for unique climates. All these features of the fan along with a 25-year warranty make solar attic fan natural light a top-notch.
- Powerful with a strong fan.
- 1,881 CFM- venting capacity.
- Protective animal screen.
- Built-in USA.
- Good Amazon reviews.
- You have to purchase the Snap-On thermostat separately.
- Not for sidewall mounting.
- You have to purchase a Fire safety switch separately.
If you want to have a solar attic fan that will also serve the next generation, then I would suggest the solar attic fan natural light. It not only comes up with a 25-year warranty but is also durable enough to serve for many years more than mere 25 years.
2. Remington Solar Attic Fan
It is the best solar attic fan with a thermostat and has an Overall Rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars. There are large numbers of Remington solar-powered fans available in the market. But its 30 watts fan is fantastic and covers a space up to 2500 square feet. They are specially designed for noise dampening. Above all, it proves beneficial especially if you would like to work in the attic area of your house.
The fan comes with both a thermostat and humidistat built-in, saving you around $40 making it a pocket-friendly choice. To add the cherry on the cake, an in-built thermostat and humidistat mean the fan automatically adjusts speed based on your attic’s needs.
Here is a quick sneak peek at the features of the Remington solar attic fan:
- Size: 24 x 24 x 12 inches.
- Wattage: 30-watt.
- Placement: Roof.
- Thermostat: Yes & humidistat.
- Coverage: 2500 square feet.
- Fitted with a 23-38v brushless motor.
It uses a high-quality polycrystalline solar panel, strong motor, and easy-to-use package. All of this makes it a preferred choice for you. You can reap the benefits of a solar-powered fan at an affordable price without burdening your pockets.
- Venting Capacity: Ranging from 1,280 CFM to 2,340 CFM.
- Wattage: 20W, 30W, 40W.
- Powerful fan with good build quality (Texas windstorm certified).
- Hail and weather-resistant.
- One-hour installation.
- We need to purchase a hybrid adapter separately.
- Once air conditioner input is plugged in, it ceases to operate as a solar attic fan
In addition to these features, the manufacturer provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee where you can try a fan and return it within a month for a full refund if not satisfied with its service.
3. Eco- Worthy Solar Powered Attic Fan
If you are looking for a low-budget yet solar-powered effective fan then Eco- worthy solar-powered attic fan is the right choice with an Overall Rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars. It is designed versatile enough to be used in attic roofs, sheds, garages, caravans, and boats. The key distinguishing feature of this fan is that it comes up with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. It is this battery that keeps the Eco- worthy solar-powered attic fan running in cold condition.
Other features of the fan include:
- Size: 6 X 9.5 X 4.6 inches.
- Fan Wattage: 3W.
- Panel Wattage: 3W.
- Material: Stainless steel casing and fan blades.
- Air Flow Capacity: 500 cfm
- Plug Profile: Roof.
- Warranty: 5 years.
- Adjustable solar panel: No.
It is a high-efficiency model that uses a brushless motor. The motor also works at low voltage. As a result, the solar panel of the fan does not require a high temperature to make the motor work. Also, the unique aspect of the Eco- worthy solar-powered attic fan is that the panel is foldable and is made up of polycrystalline.
- Coverage: 2200 square feet.
- Works efficiently.
- Easy installation.
- Thermostat: No
- It is not appropriate for larger spaces.
Woking in the attic area without a fan makes us feel crazy hot, draining our lot of energy and ultimately forcing us to work downstairs. How good it would be if we can convert this unproductive area into a productive one by just installing a solar attic fan over there which won’t even increase our electricity bills.
Hence, I can conclude that a solar-powered attic fan is eco-friendly that cools the attic area, saves the roof from damage, and reduces your overall carbon footprint. It would not be wrong to recommend you to grab a solar attic fan for your house as it improves your general house comfort.
Keep coming to Innovativedecorideas for more helpful articles on house improvement and decoration.
For more information, visit innovativedecorideas.